Re: Oracle 9i ?

From: Patrice Castet <patrice.castet_at_in-fusio.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:55:43 GMT

you MUST stick to a Linux version officially supported by Oracle if you expect them to support it (...).
If you try a funky linux with recompiled kernels, forget about their support !
For linux, better use Red Hat Advanced Server Oracle certified distribution. It has been written by both Red Hat and Oracle in order to have a good kernel specifically for 9i DB. I don't know about Suse, maybe they did the same, but with Red Hat you play it safe ...