ORA-08177

From: Lars Steinmetz <no_spam_lsteinmetz_at_jakrause.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:50:40 +0100

Hello NG,
I have a problem with my oracle database:

I have to applications which are working with the databse: one datawriter (writes data into the database: INSERT / UPDATE) and one archiver (archives and deletes data from the database: UPDATE / DELETE). This both applications run on different computers in differnet sessions. I works fine for a time but after a unspecified time period the achiver application gets the folling error message from the database:

  ORA-08177 can't serialize access for this transaction

The oracle help says:
  ORA-08177 can't serialize access for this transaction   Cause: Encountered data changed by an operation that occurred after the start of this serializable transaction.
  Action: In read/write transactions, retry the intended operation or transaction.

I'm not sure what the exact reason is. Can someone give me some hints, please.

Thanx!

Greets Lars Received on Wed Feb 26 2003 - 01:50:40 CST