Re: 8i and 9i on the same server

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:44:46 -0500

Re: "it is imposible migrate everything at one night" - It depends on the complications of the migration. I don't see a reason to tag this as impossible.

You do need to change listener.ora to have external procedures work with Oracle 9iR2, if you are running into ORA-28595. Read Note: 198523.1 on metalink

In short:

you have to specify:
(ENVS="EXTPROC_DLLS=<pathtodll>") or (ENVS="EXTPROC_DLLS=ANY")

Anurag