Question about user configuration

From: pixelmeow <pixel.meow_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:32:49 -0500

After much looking, I have to post my question. I need to know how to edit a user's information in DBA Studio or Security Manager so that each user can only log on one time; no concurrent sessions allowed from any particular username/pw.

I've read a bit in Oracle DBA 101, went into the Security section of DBA Studio, made a new Profile, selected "1" concurrent sessions per user. I then went to each user and assigned that user to this profile (or assigned the profile to the user?). I must be misunderstanding this, because I still can have each user log on multiple times.

I've got 8 users, one profile, all 8 users under this profile. What I want is for each of the 8 to only be able to log on one time only, so that user 1 is logged on once and only once, and so on. The thing is, they are connecting via Forms 4.5 application, from over TCP/IP, but does that matter? They can open the app more than once, apparently, and log on to both instances of the app. I want this to be "not allowed".

Any pointers/advice appreciated, and thanks!

--
Teresa Redmond
Programmer/Analyst II