number of logical partitions in an extended parition

From: Steve <smontgomerie_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2003 11:46:22 -0800

Perhaps more OS related but..
We are looking at creating PeopleSoft on Oracle using RAC on Win2k,

PS has a lot of TS's, in our case we will need aprox 120.

The question being, can we create more than 32 logical partitions within an extended partition? We we try and do this through the Dell open Manage Config Assist and after we create 32 partitions the option to create another logical volume is greyed out.

If this is expected behavior then fine, however, I cannot find an docs that say there is a a limit on this..infact ..from MS technet.."whereas you can create an unlimited number of logical drives per disk"

Could this be a problem with the dell open manage config tool or simply expected behavior?

tks

steve Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 13:46:22 CST