Re: worried about job not killed.

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:58:23 -0800

j wrote:

> Hi all ,
>
> Sometimes I write some sql with bugs and their select time is
> tremendously long and so I close the sqlplus console. Is there any problem
> with doing this ? And what will my "remained sql" doing ? killed or still
> running ?
>
> And how can I check the job I didn't finish ? (As far as I know, i am
> granted with very very little v$xxx) . And how can I kill that ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Perseus

Closing any front-end to Oracle, SQL*Plus, SQL Navigator, TOAD, etc. does nothing to kill a running process.

You can query v_$session to determine if the previous session is still active, it will be, or just ask your DBA to kill it ... the better course of action. The method of kill is operating system dependent unless you have the ALTER SYSTEM privilege.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 10:58:23 CST