What's the best alternative to this pl/sql ?

From: j <perseus_medusa_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:18:44 +0800

Hi all ,

    I am not that familiar with pl/sql and I wrote a stored proc and found that my boss require something more. But it seems very hurry to change things and so want to see what's the best and quickest alternative.

    I have a stored proc like the following :

create procedure foo ( value1 varchar2, value2 varchar2 ) AS

    CURSOR myCur IS

        SELECT ... from fooTable where Field1 = value1 and Field2 = value2; BEGIN

But I found that my boss require value1 and value2 to be multiple value (i.e. Field1= value1[0] or Field1 = value1[1]...) So what's the best approach with smallest changes to do this ? I have thought of doing this in application level, But this may cause slow action as parsing of the select statement is long. Please advise.

Perseus Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 10:18:44 CST