Re: copy certain data from one database to another

From: Bernie Balliard <bernie.balliard_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:43:50 GMT

If you have an account in both databases (the target and source) and in both databases, the account has the same password, then there is an implied database link and one does not need created.

In the target database, simply issue the command: insert into target_table select * from source_table_at_sid; commit;

If you don't have faith in this approach, create a dummy table and try the SQL out before doing it for real.

You can issue a query before hand to see if you are going to run into problems with primary keys.

Export/Import with a where clause is another option.

I suggest familiarizing yourself with Export/Import and database links. They are priceless tools. All it will set you back is a good hour and a half of reading....

Good Luck!