Re: Oracle direction on triggers

From: jase024 <member25482_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:49:03 +0000

well, I guess I didn't read the previous post clearly. I thought we were talking about a DBA, not an "Analyst" (mosts Analysts should drop the last 3 letters of their title anyway). I guess he is thinking that the latest trend is to move away from triggers? On this, I'm not sure, since I deal mostly with a 3rd party app. he could be "c"-ing his "a" on this, so maybe you should check with someone you trust to give you a straightforward answer with the specific situation in mind. If you don't have Oracle Apps, then why is the "lead analyst" so upset about what direction that Oracle Apps has set? Also, just because someone "sets a direction" doesn't mean that it's a good decision for the rest of the world. every situation is unique and only close-minded people actually "set a direction" in stone.