Re: SQLPlus errors

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:56:41 -0800

Alex wrote:

> Oh, I thought I had posted those error messages...sorry...
>
> ORA-12705
>
> I always get that after entering username/password/host string.
>
> "Ana C. Dent" <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "Alex" <agrasic_at_sympatico.ca> wrote in
> >
> > > Well it's not the local SQLPlus on the machine I'm having a problem
> > > with anymore, it's the SQLPlus Client on Windows that won't connect
> > > properly
> >
> > Sorry to hear that.
> >
> > Since you are unwilling to share with
> > us the new/different error message.
> >
> > YOYO - You're On Your Own

According to metalink:

ORA-12705 ?invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified?

Usually means, we cannot interpret the NLS information our Client (eg: SQL*Plus) is receiving. This is mostly a configuration issue either in your environment or because we cannot interpret the NLS information we receive from the Server (eg: because of version missmatches between client and server).

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Feb 24 2003 - 15:56:41 CST