Re: 32-bit vs. 64-bit

From: Peter Gadah <Peter.Gadah_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:12:46 -0500

Mario,

It is mandatory that both the primary, and secondary databases, are using the same OS version (including os patches). Also, both servers must exactly have the same Oracle version installed, including Oracle patchset releases. Ultimately, having different Oracle Server versions, or OS versions is not supported.

Now if you intend to setup primary/standby databases on different OS versions, with the intent to upgrade the OS, this can be done on a temporary basis with this configuration.

Regards,
Peter Gadah

Mario wrote:

> Please, I need some lights on this area.
> Is it possible to create standby database (HP-UX 11.00 & Oracle 8.1.7) on
> the machine ( PA-RISC D-class ) with 32-bit architecture ( and the Oracle
> installation is 32-bit) and master has 64-bit architecture with 64-bit
> version of the Oracle?
> TIA,
> Mario.

Peter Gadah
Senior Technical Analyst
Extended Business Critical

Have you tried MetaLink? Search our technical
libraries, create/review/update your TARs at
http://metalink.oracle.com