Re: How do you take your docs, HTML or PDF?

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:13:09 -0000

"Norman Dunbar" <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message news:E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA70357A291_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk...
> Afternoon John,
>
> given the choice I like paper. I can read it, where I do most of my
> reading these days, in the bath !
>
> Having a choice of HTML or pdf, I tend to lean towards pdf - everything
> is in one file and I can search the whole thing rather than only being
> able to search the current html page. I also find pdf is much quicker
> (once Acrobat 5 has loaded) than HTML - even with Opera installed and
> running.
>
> So my order is :
>
> Paper books
> pdf files
> HTML - if I absolutely must !

This idea will surely never catch on.
It is *way* too close to common sense.

Surely our leaders, whose minds are of course immeasurably superior to ours, are busy planning the phasing out of paper books in favour of XML on the latest and greatest display device; a 2 inch by 1 inch monitor on the front of a mobile telephone.

Regards,
Paul Received on Mon Feb 24 2003 - 13:13:09 CST