Re: question on oracle to combine with reports software

From: jase024 <member25482_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:01:07 +0000

why not just create a view to pull the data the way they want it? a view is just a stored SQL statement (or "virtual table" for lack of a better word) that will always pull the latest data without relying on stored procs. I handle the whole ball of wak in our organization, and for reporting (whether it's ASP, Access, etc.) I prefer views. Our latest reporting system relies heavily on views to get all the data into one place.