Re: Locks - how to monitor users operations

From: <ctcgag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2003 16:43:45 GMT

"Marcin Kubec" <marcin.kubec_at_warta-vita.com.pl> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I wish to know if anybody "fought" whith the problem of locks?
> For outline the problem:
> If one user is going an operation which lock table A in RX mode others
> can't lock this table in S mode.

As far as I can tell from the concepts documentation, there are no operations that naturally take a S-mode table lock. They are taken by explicitly asking 'LOCK TABLE table IN SHARE MODE'. So the first things I would do are search v$sql_area and grep -i on the application source code and all stored procedure code for "share mode".

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service              New Rate! $9.95/Month 50GB