Oracle 9i and Active Directory

From: Thomas Fricker <thomas.fricker_at_bud.bl.ch>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:18:18 +0100

Hi,
Does anyone have experience in implementing Oracle 9i SR2 in a Microsoft Active Directory Service?
What we want ist to authenticate our Oracle User with the passwords used in Active Directory Service.
We are planning to use Oracle 9i SR2 Standard Edition on W2000.

Accordīng to Oracle Documentation it is necessary to license Oracle Advanced Security (which requires Oracle Enterprise Edition) to use Active Directory to manage an enterprise role. Since we want to manage only our users 'globally' I wonder if this here also the case.

Thanks for any reply.
Thomas Fricker Received on Mon Feb 24 2003 - 07:18:18 CST