Re: Solaris Unix Shared Memory Semaphores - 3113 Problem

From: Peter <peter_at_peter.com.noaddress>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:19:03 +1000

Yes, I assumed that the info I gave you would be enough, as it was, as killing the process is the last step and is quite trivial.

You also probably need to go back and kill the smon process, or I did when I had to do this. I guess this depends on why you want to kill the processes in the first place.

As I mentioned, I needed to do this stuff when a shutdown abort was killed before completing, this left lots of stuff around that I needed to clean up.

"JustAnotherDBA" <jadba_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:4jf6a.60606$hW6.9735_at_fe06.atl2.webusenet.com...
> Works beautifully !
>
> Exactly what I was looking for ... ability to ipcrm 1 (out of 5)
database's