Re: Sniffing redo logs to maintain cache consistency?

From: Andrej Gabara <andrej_at_kintana.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2003 17:12:39 -0800

"Jim Kennedy" wrote:
> use triggers and have the trigger submit a job to do the notification see
> thr dbms_job package. The job will ONLY run if the transaction is
> committed - which is what you wanted. (much simpler and a lot more
> efficient than the log sniffing idea)
> Jim

Looks like Oracle polls the job queue in regular intervals. So it can take
a long time after the jobs are submitted to be executed. I also looked into
DBMS_ALERT, but that blocks another DBMS_ALERT call on the same signal until
the previous committed. So I don't think DBMS_JOB nor DBMS_ALERT will do
it for us. Thank's for the suggestion though.

http://groups.google.de/groups?q=JOB_QUEUE_INTERVAL&hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=lb4ktugvslni14qtsphorett6jpn0k5nre%404ax.com&rnum=6 Received on Sun Feb 23 2003 - 19:12:39 CST