Newbie question (Please help)

From: Adnan Jamil <adnanjamil59_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:12:32 -0800

Hello Gurus,

I have installed Oracle 8.0.5 on Windows 2000 on my home PC just for doing PL/SQL practice. Oracle installed without any error but when I open SQL Plus 8.00 and enter username & password (System/Manager), I am getting following error message. Can anyone guide me, how can I connect with oracle database and stop this error. Thanks for your help. Error Is:-

ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination.

What TNS should I enter and from where I can get it.

Thanks

Adnan Received on Sun Feb 23 2003 - 19:12:32 CST