Re: Sniffing redo logs to maintain cache consistency?

From: Andrej Gabara <andrej_at_kintana.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2003 15:24:47 -0800

Hi Niall,

> I very nearly wrote something very similar, but put it down to
> a Friday afternoon reaction.

Great, at least I'm not alone :)

> If you must have a cache in the middle tier, then either
> pass all database transactions through the middle tier i.e. eliminate your
> stored procs/loads altogether

Yep, but we have so much work already implemented in PL/SQL, and our customers love to customize using triggers/stored procs, that we may not be able to do this (at least not all at one time).

> or just pass the updates back to the database and let the errors if any
> bubble back up to your users.

Don't think that would work... our customers would not understand why they have to deal with "stale data" errors because we did not implement our
caching correctly.

Thank's again,
Andrej Received on Sun Feb 23 2003 - 17:24:47 CST