Re: Help: a difficult SQL request

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:34:48 -0800

charlie cs wrote:

> we have a huge table, with data coming in every minute, table will be like
> this
> TIME VOLULME
> --------------------
> 1:01 12
> 1:02 13
> 1:04 15
> 1:05 3
>
> but sometimes the data collector went bad, so the volume will inherit the
> privious one, the data will be like
>
> TIME VOLULME
> --------------------
> 1:01 12
> 1:02 13
> 1:04 15
> 1:05 3
> 1.10 3
> 1.11 3
> 1.12 3
> 1.13 3
> 1.14 3
> 1.15 3
> 1.16 3
>
> How could we find those records which did change for at least 8 minutes?
>
> Thanks for your help

If I understand your question correctly, which is highly suspect as your post is somewhat ambiguous, you can't except by manually using log miner to review the log files.

In the future you might be able to do so with a trigger and an audit trail. But based on what you have posted my advice would be to not put things into production without better testing.

Daniel Morgan Received on Sat Feb 22 2003 - 13:34:48 CST