Solaris Unix Shared Memory Semaphores - 3113 Problem

From: JustAnotherDBA <jadba_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 13:23:05 -0600

I had to do a ipcrm to zap the shared memory and semaphores for 1 database . I did this based on documents in Metalink and I am sure it was needed.

But, I am wondering if anyone knows how to tell which shared memory and semaphores go with which database.

I couldn't find a way, so I shutdown all of the databases. Then, I did the ipcrm command to remove the 1 remaining .

No problems after that with the 1 database that I was getting a 3113 on it (just by running svrmgrl).

Some more info...

Solaris 8
Oracle8i 8.1.6.2.0
5 databases

Fyi... below is the output of ipcs before running ipcrm, but after shutting down 1 database...

% ==> ipcs

IPC status from <running system> as of Sat Feb 22 12:08:52 CST 2003 T ID KEY MODE OWNER GROUP Message Queues:
Shared Memory:

m          0   0x66ac8bec --rw-r-----  or02sup   sccdba
m          2   0xbf400f48 --rw-r-----  or02sup   sccdba
m        403   0xf2ff35a4 --rw-------  or02sup   sccdba