Re: How do you take your docs, HTML or PDF?

From: Noons <nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam>
Date: 22 Feb 2003 10:49:22 GMT

Following up on Jonathan Lewis, 22 Feb 2003:

> But what I really want to get my hands on is
> a tablet PC, running acrobat, to see if I can
> get the 'sticky note' software to allow me to
> scribble on the manual pages. (And then
> give me a searchable file of my notes as
> a bonus).

YEAH!!!! I'd kill for one of those electronic book readers they have in Japan, but capable of reading Acrobat files only. They get their mags/news/comics in the newsagencies in a chip, plonk it in and away they go everywhere with the most compact library I've ever seen.

I'd settle for Oracle putting all their stuff in pdfs and a DVD, then selling a little tablet to read it. Instant popularity, I reckon. I'd buy one in a flash.

> My constant companions:
> Concepts
> Database admin (fundamentals)
> SQL Ref

Mine are (of late, it changes every once in a while):

SQL Ref
PL/SQL Ref
PL/SQL "canned" procs
Application Design Guide
Your book
A very old copy of "logical db design" from Univac.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto