Re: How do you take your docs, HTML or PDF?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 08:17:22 -0000

I vastly prefer pdf over html - partly because the pdf looks so much more like the original books. (and after the first 12 years of reading the manuals I found my eyeballs could spot the new bits without my brain getting in the way ;)

Other have mentioned various conveniences of pdf - the one I particularly like is the fact that Acrobat 5 lets you rotate the page 90 degrees, so you can see a full size document page on screen at decent print size, and your laptop becomes almost as good the original book - and a couple of pounds lighter too.

But what I really want to get my hands on is a tablet PC, running acrobat, to see if I can get the 'sticky note' software to allow me to scribble on the manual pages. (And then give me a searchable file of my notes as a bonus).

My constant companions:

    Concepts
    Database admin (fundamentals)
    SQL Ref