Re: Access Limitation

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:40:17 -0800

Life Learner wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'd like to know how to prevent end users from accessing system directly via
> sqlplus, toad etc, while let them do their work only in application level
> like forms, proc etc.
>
> thx.

There are a number of methods. Among them:

An after logon trigger that checks the connecting software ...

SELECT program
FROM v_$session;

another would be to grant permission to the application via a role that is only enabled by the application.

One that should never be underestimated is to fire the first person caught connecting in an unapproved manner based on auditing and letting the remaining employees know what happened though I wouldn't rely on it if security is really important.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Feb 21 2003 - 16:40:17 CST