Need Recomendations for good Oracle 9i books

From: Mike <michaelloll_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2003 11:05:30 -0800

Anyone have good recs for books on 9i? I am coming from a SQL Server 2000 background. I understand database design, but I need a book on Oracle such as:

-How everything is organized (schemas, tables, procedures, etc)
-Basic tasks such as creating users, roles, tables
-Backup and restore

I am confident I can design the tables, relations, views, stored procedures, choose indexes, etc - I am doing that now. Unfortunately, I do not know how to do things like performance testing, backup/restore, etc.

SQL Server is so much simpler in terms of how things are stored that it made a little more sense to me, but I really want to learn Oracle 9i for this project, and I've been tasked with it along side our other DBA. Unfortunately, apparently he just learned 9i through osmosis because he has no good books to recommend.

Any advice?

Also, a good concise book on PL/SQL programming would be nice. So I guess I am looking for two books...

--

Mike Loll Received on Fri Feb 21 2003 - 13:05:30 CST