Re: select * performance

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 19:33:34 +0100

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:35:18 -0500, Peter Sylvester <peters_nospam_please_at_mitre.org> wrote:

>This causes more buffering and generally improves large queries.

Not necessarily. If the total bytes per array exceed either the SDU of Oracle or the MTU of the network card, this will have a big adverse effect on performance, as I found out executing benchmarks.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Feb 21 2003 - 12:33:34 CST