Re: Oracle Server is _VERY_ slow (gone way off topic)

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:33:19 GMT

n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk said...
> "Karsten Farrell" <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com> wrote in message
> > hired back is because us old folks don't cost a lot of money ... I took
> > a pay cut equal to my retirement ... made me cheaper than the
> > competition ... the Wal-Mart of DBAs ... but, of course, they don't have
> > Wal-Mart in the UK. ;-)
>
> Oh yes we do, its called ASDA but Wal Mart do indeed own one of the main
> grocery chains in the UK.
>

> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK

Wow! I never would have guessed that Wal-Mart had crossed the pond! I learned something today. Thanks, Niall. And who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Now I just have to figure out a way to use this new knowledge.

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA