Re: Oracle Server is _VERY_ slow (gone way off topic)

From: Noons <nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam>
Date: 21 Feb 2003 14:52:42 GMT

Following up on Sybrand Bakker, 21 Feb 2003:

>>Ah yes, VMS ... now there was an operating system!

> What happened was that Kenneth Olsen was so convinced of the
> superiority of VMS that he didn't see in which direction the market
> moved.

Funny enough, a few years more and his ideas might have stuck. He was convinced no one needed a PC on every desk. No one does, but we're only realizing it now. It took Louis Gerstner to say it in his book for everyone to start believing it...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto