Pentium 4 Bug with Oracle 9i

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:35:38 GMT

I believe I suffer from the Pentium IV bug on my computer running Windows XP.

Although I am able to access the Database Configuration Assistant when I'm installing Oracle on my computer (I can use it to delete an SID after I've deinstalled), once I have a database on my computer I cannot get the Database Configuration Assistant to run.

Someone supplied me with a URL which had some information about changes to a few *.cl files but the examples were for Oracle 8i and I was a bit more confused after checking than before.

Has anybody run into this problem with Oracle 9i that can help me with more detailed examples of what modifications I need to make to those files so I can finally run the Database Configuration Assistant?

Thank you very much.

Dereck L. Dietz
dietzdl_at_ameritech.net Received on Thu Feb 20 2003 - 16:35:38 CST