Re: Intermedia Text index build problem

From: Stephan Bressler <stephan.bressler_at_siemens.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:45:52 +0100

Hi Mike,

I had problems creating indexes, too.

In my case the problem was, that the default lexer created theme lists by default. The workaround is to create your own lexer by cloning the default lexer:
begin

ctx_ddl.create_perference('mylex', 'BASIC_LEXER');
ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mylex', 'index_themes', 'NO');
ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mylex', 'index_text', 'YES');
end;
create index ... indextype is ctxsys.context parameters ('LEXER mylex ....');

There some problems with the file converion (e.g. pdf to text). In my case they went away by upgrading 8.1.7.3 to 8.1.7.4. But you say your input are HTMLs, so this should not be the problem.

good luck
STephan