Re: Database High Availability using Veritas

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: 20 Feb 2003 17:05:46 GMT

"Stephen Tam" <kwtam_at_ti.com> wrote in

> What are the differences between Veritas Clustering and oracle RAC ?
>
> Do they compliment each other ?
> If I implement Veritas Clustering, do I need the RAC features and vice
> versa ?
>
> I read an article on VERITAS Database Edition/Advanced ClusterT
> for Oracle
>
> It seems like you need to have OPS/RAC even you use Veritas Clustering
> ?
>
> Statement
> " VERITAS Database Edition/AC for Oracle provides a flexible and
> manageable platform for OPS or RAC clusters. "

Veritas' clustering solution is what I was describing in the other HA thread. You can use it without RAC for simple fail-over clustering. If you decide you really need RAC, you need clustering software in place first and Veritas is one option. Received on Thu Feb 20 2003 - 11:05:46 CST