Re: How frequently: Analysing - question added

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:25:55 +0100

Hi, I would like to know not only how often, but which schemas should be analyzed ...

.. it is because I heard a couple of times that analyzing SYSTEM
can bring performance down,
so that You should drop those statistics.

My question is:

  1. *Why* can analyze of SYSTEM be a reason at all to bring performance down ?
  2. Can SYSTEM be analyzed *accidently* (if so, how) ? I usually only analyze particular user schemas ... (I was surprised to see that in my system some SYSTEM tabs had been analyzed not too long ago)

--My system: Oracle 8.1.7. EE, AIX 4.3.3, still only DMTs :( , so that DD (uet$, fet$) is frequently updated ...

tia, Jan