Re: Database High Availability

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 00:06:07 +1000

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.com> wrote in message news:VnI4a.176905$vm2.132542_at_rwcrnsc54...
> What version? You can look at RAC and dataguard. See docs at
> otn.oracle.com.

Hi Jim and all,

Be a little careful with Data Guard in relation to "Database High Availability".

It brought a major database at a site of mine down in a screaming heap !!

Using Standby logs in maximum performance mode under heavy loads causes the Primary database online logs to be in a "confused" state (am I archived ? I think I am /am not) meaning Oracle refuses to overwrite the buggers and one stunned mullet of a database is the result.

The only "cure" is to bounce the database.

A particular "nasty" that we now have logged as a bug with metalink.

Cheers

Richard Received on Thu Feb 20 2003 - 08:06:07 CST