Database High Availability

From: Stephen Tam <kwtam_at_ti.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:33:43 +0800

Hi,
What are the methods available on database HA ? what is the cost ?

For no cost approach .....
Can I use a watch dog type of process install on both unix servers to check if
the instance is not started in Server A, then I automatically start it in server B ?
Is oracle database built-in with the semaphore type of checking to ensure only one
same instance being started at one time ? Is there a risk of corrupting the DB ?

Really appreciate your advice.

Thanks
Rgds
Tam Received on Thu Feb 20 2003 - 03:33:43 CST