Analyze /LMT Question .....

From: Mahesh Hardikar <hardikarm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2003 21:27:48 -0800

Hello all ,

I am a bit new to Oracle. We are having Oracle EE 8.1.7.1 on HP-UX 11 We do index rebuild & analyze table compute statistics weekly.

Do I need to recompile all procedures after analyze in order touse fresh statistics ? Or they will get automatically recompiled upon next execution ?

Is there anything else I need to do ?

One more question :

We have all tablespaces as DICTIONARY managed. I wish to turn them (except SYSTEM) LMT's with Uniform Extent Size. I read about dmbs_space_admin.tablespace_migrate_to_local. But will it reorganise existing data as per new storage settings or affect only future allocation ?
On Test , I saw it converted tablespace to LMT but made it AUTOALLOCATE . How can I make it UNIFORM & specify size ?

Will it be advisable to export schema , drop user , convert tablespace to LMT (or drop existing TS & create new LMT with specified size , run DDL's for Tables ) & then do Import ?

Any help is kindly appreciated ...

Thanks for reading such a long post ...

Regards ,
Mahesh Hardikar Received on Wed Feb 19 2003 - 23:27:48 CST