Re: basic question about analytic functions

From: Udo Diekmann <udo456_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2003 14:51:00 -0800

I have heard that analytic functions can give a performance boost and want to actually time a standard query versus an analytic query which returns the exact same data. Thus the need for the same query as an analytic function query. So all I want to do is to translate the query using analytic functions and see if it's faster.