Re: Data Dictionary Documentation

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:34:40 GMT

rgaffuri_at_cox.net said...
> Anyone know where I can find column by column documentation for
> Oracle's data dictionary? Having to sort of figure it out by doing
> queries and then checking the boards is time consuming and I can't
> always be certain Im correct. Can't find really good stuff on OTN.
>
> I Have a poster from Computer Associates which is ok. Anyone know if
> the one that TUSC puts out is better?

The data dictionary is described in the Oracle Technology Network (OTN) online manuals (see Chapter 4 of the Oracle 9i Concepts manual). You have to have an OTN account, but it's free (and spam free).

I used to have the TUSC posters for Oracle7 and Oracle8i (the DBA views and the V$ views). However, there are so many views in the current releases that the posters would need to be wall sized or in 6pt fine print. Of course, you have to be allowed to go to IOUG to pick one up. :)

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA