Re: Same SID for Primary and Standby instances

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: 19 Feb 2003 18:18:48 GMT

"harry smith" <hrysmth_at_hotmail.com> wrote in news:b2tf2u$1ejoot$1_at_ID-135545.news.dfncis.de:

> Primary and standby instances are on different hosts.
> Can I configure standby instances to have same SID as primary? Is
> there any limitation or problems by doing this.
>
> T I A
> -hsmith

The only problem I see is if they are ever going to run on the same server. In our environment, we have a 2 node cluster for one of our databases. The production databases normally runs on one and the standby on the other. Either can fail over to the other server. In this case, since there is the potential that both could be on the same server, we had to give them different SIDs. Received on Wed Feb 19 2003 - 12:18:48 CST