Re: Backup and Recovery with RMAN and Legato

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2003 08:45:21 -0800

Change the permissions on the file asap. Also, is this the log file that you may specify when initiating RMAN? If not, this must be the log from Legato itself. In that case, create a logfile to pass to RMAN, change the permissions so that only the DBA/SYSADMIN may read it, then pass that filename to RMAN. When rman has finished, copy the RMAN log to the legato log and then change the permissions on the legato log.

Or, still pass RMAN the logfile, but before copying the contents to the Legato log, remove the passwords.

HTH,
Pete's

The opinions here are my own and not that of my employer.