Re: Backup and Recovery with RMAN and Legato

From: Christian Geier <Christian.Geier_at_tds.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:44:15 +0100

Hallo Ronald,

we are running rman in that case on Sun solaris 8 on a oracle 9.2.0.1 database and use the legato business-suite Module for oracle 3.5 But thats not the case I think.
I testet the scripts locally and everything worked fine. I used a shell script where I set all the parameters and called the rman script with su as oracle user.
Therefore I didn`t need a password for the target database. The problem is to call the script over the legato server. We have to use the nsrnmo script as backup command, and an rman script as the backup set.
Here we have to put user and password in the rman script. This is shown in the log of the legato networker. I would be glad If you or anyone else can give me a practical solution for this problem

Kind regards
Chris (a colleage of Angelika)