use of long-running jobs

From: Stefan Richter <s.richter_at_t-p.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:42:01 +0100

Hi,

in our system we want to use some long-running jobs (something like Unix daemons).
These jobs should run all the time and should interrupted by some "sleeps" (dbms_lock.sleep or dbms_alert.waitany). We implemented that only one job of one type could run. The jobs should be aktivated once a day or once a week.

My question is: Is it appropriate to start such jobs by Oracle job processing? It may be better to start it as a Oracle Session by a OS task, isn't it?

Thanks in advance
Stefan Richter Received on Wed Feb 19 2003 - 01:42:01 CST