SQL Insert Statements syntax question

From: Scott W. Patterson <swpatterson_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:30:08 -0600

I have two tables

table1

 SPECIAL_HANDLE_ID           NOT NULL    NUMBER(15)
 TRANSACTION_ID                  NOT NULL    NUMBER(15)
 SPECIAL_CODE_ID                 NOT NULL   NUMBER(15)
 NEED_VERIFY_FLAG             NOT NULL   VARCHAR2(3)
 ENABLED_FLAG                    NOT NULL     VARCHAR2(1)
 ENABLED_FLAG_DATE                                 DATE
 CREATED_BY                      NOT NULL        VARCHAR2(25)
 CREATED_DATE                    NOT NULL      DATE
 LAST_UPDATE_BY                                         VARCHAR2(25)
 LAST_UPDATE_DATE                                    DATE

table2

TRANSACTION_ID                  NOT NULL NUMBER(15)
COMP_ADDRESS_ID                                 NUMBER(15)
ENABLED_FLAG                                        VARCHAR2(1)
ENABLED_FLAG_DATE                            DATE
CREATED_BY                      NOT NULL    VARCHAR2(25)
CREATED_DATE                    NOT NULL DATE
LAST_UPDATE_BY                                     VARCHAR2(25)
LAST_UPDATE_DATE                                DATE

I need to insert into table 1 values that meet a certain condition in table2

in table1

the first column is a sequence generated number as defined in a sequence
second column is the transaction_id from table 2 that meets specific requirements defined by a subquery

 select transaction_id from table 2 where transaction_id not in

         (select a.transaction_id from table1 a, table2 b
          where b.comp_address_id = 139 and  a.transaction_id =
b.transaction_id))

third column will be a certain value number ('32') and the last 7 columns will be coming from table 2 directly from the second columns subquery returned rows

How do I create the insert statement in sql?

My problem is that Im not sure how the syntax will go when I have specific conditions for specific columns in the table I am inserting into- some columns are specific values and some are dependent on the subquery.

Any Help would be appreciated

Scott Received on Tue Feb 18 2003 - 15:30:08 CST