Re: Oracle RAC question

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:12:10 +0100

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:43:10 +0100, Mike wrote (in message <b2tdmd$i7m$1_at_pheidippides.axion.bt.co.uk>):

> I have tried to get a definate answer to the following and I am struggling.
>
> If you have 2 Dell servers running RH Linux AS 2.1 and RAC as live servers
> and I want to move a 3rd staging server into the RAC in times of peak usage,
> how easy is this?
>
> The servers will already be physically interconnected ready to go for the
> cluster interconnect. I have read some docs on this and it seems to be a
> simple Oracle change via a GUI to add/remove a node BUT I have doubts that
> it could be this easy.

So the cluster already consists of 3 nodes ? In that case it is as easy as starting the 3rd instance on that node (after creating the logs and enabling the treads). Are you using shared servers for load balancing ? In that case you also need to make the 3rd listener known to the other instances.

--
With kind regards,
Ronald