Re: What is the best linux distribution for Oracle??

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:54:06 GMT

dani wrote:
> Hi,
> what is the best linux distribution for Oracle 8i/9i ??
>

> thanks
>
> dani

As far as I know Redhat and SuSE are the only two that are actually "supported" by Oracle, but that may have changed since I last looked in to it.

As far as to which one of these is "better", I have installed Oracle on both of these, but haven't used either of them enough to form an opinion about it yet, although SuSE's install took away some of the manual configuration you need to do with their orarun.rpm package. The same package may very well work on RH as well, but I havent tried it.

hth

Glen Received on Tue Feb 18 2003 - 13:54:06 CST