Oracle 9i and Designer 9i SETUP.EXE File Won't Execute

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:11:07 GMT

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Oracle 9i and the Designer 9i on my Windows XP computer a number of times over the past week but today I cannot get the SETUP.EXE files for either component to even run.

When I uninstalled the software I stopped a few processes that were locking the files to completely delete the Oracle Home directories. Have I hosed myself somehow? Is there a process on Windows XP that the SETUP.EXE needs that I stopped? Everything else seems to be working just fine on my computer.

If anybody can help, please contact me.

Thanks.

Dereck Dietz
dietzdl_at_ameritech.net Received on Tue Feb 18 2003 - 14:11:07 CST