Re: AIO enabled for aix OR for Oracle???

From: Sigrid Ehrenreich <Sigrid.Ehrenreich_at_carus-it.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:42:19 +0100

You have to enable AIO on AIX for Oracle. The recommendation is: min servers= number of disks, max servers= 10 times min servers. But I haven't seen any performance impact resulting from the configured number of AIO servers, but I am running only a small database < 10Gb.

The memory usage of the dbw process: If you are referring to the SIZE column of the 'ps aux' output: It shows all the memory, including shared memory. So all dbw processes will show the same SIZE, but most of it will be shared memory.

Yours Sigrid