Re: Problems with net8

From: Sigrid Ehrenreich <Sigrid.Ehrenreich_at_carus-it.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:19:04 +0100

The names.default_domain doesn't have anything to do with the Windows Domain. The oracle domain can have the same name, but it doesn't have to.

What exactly did you do by "putting the oracleserver to this domain"? Did you change the init.ora, the listener.ora?

If you changed the domain, maybe the oracle authentifcation fails when trying to startup the database.
If you have a line like this in your sqlnet.ora: sqlnet.authentication_services = (NTS)
change it to:
sqlnet.authentication_services = (NONE)
or have a look at the group "ora_dba". Whoever wants to start the database (usually the local administrator) has to be member of this group.

Yours Sigrid