OID 9.0.1 Replication input

From: Aaron Sentell <asentell_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2003 10:45:40 -0800

Currently at our location we are using Oracle Names Server for names resolution. We have two names servers which share a common region database. This works great for us, but I know that LDAP is to replace Oracle Names in the near future.

As I understand Oracle Internet Directory (OID), to have redundancy requires two complete instances of OID to be running and replication occurring between them. In other words, on ServerA we would have a repository database and an oidldapd service running, and on ServerB we would have a repository database and an oidldapd service running.

What has been other people's experience using LDAP for names resolution, specifically with replication between two OID servers? If you haven't done it yourself, what's the word on the street about implementing and maintaining it?

Thanks,
Aaron Sentell
Database Administrator
City of Tempe, AZ Received on Mon Feb 17 2003 - 12:45:40 CST