Re: 30 Character Limit

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:32:41 +0200

Hi!

It's actually 30 *byte* limit, since the name column is varchar2(30), so if you use a multibyte characterset like UTF8 and start using öäõüsz etc. chars in your table names, you might end up with even less characters. So, dont use special chars in your object names..

SQL> desc obj$

----
 OBJ#                                      NOT NULL NUMBER
 DATAOBJ#                                           NUMBER
 OWNER#                                    NOT NULL NUMBER
 NAME                                      NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)

Tanel.