Re: RMAN v Control Files

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2003 06:12:56 -0800

The requirement of having multiple Recovery Catalogues is not necessary. When you clone an instance, you are able to reset the db_id of the database for versions 8i and above. Search metalinks for "Reset DB_ID", check out Note Id: 174625.1 "RMAN: Incomplete Duplication and It's Consequences". This dicusses how to change the db_id. Therefore, you may register this new clone to rman with a different db_id.

HTH,
Pete's